Theo Paphitis and Small Business Sunday #SBS to partner with Autumn Fair in 2019 campaign
12 #SBS winners will win the chance to have a free exhibition stand at Autumn Fair 2019 opening their business up to opportunity for growth
After the roaring success of the #SBS Small Business Sunday and Autumn Fair partnership, Theo Paphitis’s #SBS has once again teamed up with Autumn Fair. The #SBS showcase will be dedicated to highlighting new and unique products from ambitious start-ups and small businesses to allow 12 lucky #SBS winners a chance to compete for a free exhibition stand at this year’s Fair! The process will be judged by a panel of Autumn and Spring Fair experts from event organisers, ITE.
The winners will take centre stage at the Fair in the #SBS Pavilion, which runs 1-4 September at Birmingham NEC, and will gain access to thousands of visitors and buyers ready to order products ahead of the busiest retail period of the year – the Golden Quarter.
#SBS began in 2010 and each week hundreds of small businesses tweet Theo to secure his endorsement. Every Monday, six of these businesses are then invited to become part of the now 2,500 strong #SBS community, benefiting from boosted publicity and attendance at a yearly conference with access to motivational speakers and workshops.
Theo Paphitis, founder of #SBS, said:
“The winners who had the chance to exhibit at Autumn Fair for free last year certainly grabbed the opportunity with both hands and gained so much from it; networking, new friends and most importantly new contacts with whom to grow their business. I encourage all #SBS winners to give this a go, as what have you got to lose?”
“#SBS exists so small business entrepreneurs have a dedicated space to share their ideas and ‘pitch’ for endorsement. To continue this initiative with Autumn Fair, an event similarly dedicated to championing retailers, is a no brainer for us.”
Julie Driscoll, Managing Director at Autumn Fair, said:
"After the successful launch of #SBS at Autumn Fair last year, we are thrilled to welcome back Theo and 12 new #SBS businesses to the Fair. We're hugely excited to once again be the platform for these small businesses to showcase their designs and boost their business to a wide, diverse buying audience."
Autumn Fair #SBS Opportunity
Theo Paphitis has once again exclusively arranged for 12 #SBS businesses to have a stand at the #SBS Pavilion at Autumn Fair 2019, running 1st-4th September 2019.
If you would like to be in with a chance to be one of those 12 businesses to win a free stand space at Autumn Fair, you need to do the following:
Send your completed form to SBS@TPRETAILGROUP.COM telling us why you want to be one of the businesses at Autumn Fair by May 24th 2019.
Then Autumn Fair will announce the shortlisted 36 businesses on 11th June 2019.
The 12 winners will be selected by a Spring and Autumn Fair panel.
The 12 winners will be contacted shortly afterwards with contract information.
Winners will be announced on 24th June 2019 on social media and to the Autumn Fair database.
Please contact the #SBS Crew at SBS@TPRETAILGROUP.COM to receive the form.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition will open on Friday 1st March 2019 and will close at 11:59pm on 24th May 2019.
- You must be an #SBS winning business to enter and be eligible.
- You must be available for 1st – 4th September 2019 to exhibit at the Autumn Fair.
- To enter the competition, entrants must complete the form provided and send to SBS@TPRETAILGROUP.COM by 11.59pm 24th May 2019.
- Only one entry per business is allowed. Multiple entries will be deemed invalid.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- There will be an initial shortlist of 36 businesses, with 12 businesses selected by a Spring and Autumn Fair panel to be at Autumn Fair.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel this competition at any time.
- No cash alternative shall be provided.
- The winning businesses will be alerted by email and must confirm within 48 hours, or may lose its space.
- Your email address and business name will be shared with ITE for the sole purpose of them contacting you to arrange details for attending and exhibiting at Autumn Fair. Your details will not be passed onto any other 3rd party.
- The winning businesses will liaise with Autumn Fair on agreeing a contract (no money will exchange hands).
- It is a legal requirement for each winning business exhibiting to have public liability insurance to the value of £2m (details in Clause 12 of the ITE contract). To ensure that all participants have the appropriate level of cover, exhibitors are initially invoiced £175 + VAT for a policy with our providers InEvexco. However, as the vast majority of businesses have their own insurance, all they need to do is send their certificate of insurance to InEvexco, and provided that the level of cover meets the requirements, the invoice will be credited immediately so that no payment is required.
- Winners will be included in event marketing and publicity by #SBS Small Business Sunday, Autumn Fair and ITE.
- The #SBS Pavilion is comprised of twelve booths, each 3.5m x 2m, complete with traditional shell scheme walls, carpet, table, seating, shelving, lighting and a 500w power socket. Any additional requirements will be at a cost to the winning business.
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence is not covered in this prize.
- Companies that have booked space at Autumn Fair 2019 will not be eligible to enter the competition to win a free stand at the show.
- The promoter is the #SBS Small Business Sunday and the address is 1 St Georges Road, London, SW19 4DR.