Theo Paphitis to give small businesses a free boost at Autumn Fair 2020
Theo Paphitis and Small Business Sunday (#SBS) to give small businesses a free boost at Autumn Fair 2020
12 #SBS winners will win the chance to have a free exhibition stand at Autumn Fair 2020, giving them exposure and growth opportunity for their businesses
As announced by Theo Paphitis at his annual #SBS Event in Birmingham, on Friday 28th February, Small Business Sunday (#SBS) has once again teamed up with Autumn Fair. The #SBS showcase area will once again will be dedicated to highlighting new and unique products from ambitious start-ups and small businesses to allow 12 lucky #SBS winners a chance to compete for a free exhibition stand at this year’s Fair! The process will be judged by a panel of Autumn and Spring Fair experts from event organisers, Hyve.
The winners will take centre stage at the Fair in the #SBS Pavilion, which runs 6-9 September at Birmingham NEC, and will gain access to thousands of visitors and buyers ready to order products ahead of the busiest retail period of the year – the Golden Quarter.
#SBS celebrates its 10th anniversary this year, and each week hundreds of small businesses tweet Theo to secure his endorsement. Every Monday, six of these businesses are then invited to become part of the now 3,000 strong #SBS community, benefiting from boosted publicity and attendance at a yearly conference with access to motivational speakers and workshops.
Theo Paphitis, #SBS creator and retail entrepreneur, said:“I am delighted to partner with Autumn Fair once again and offer another 12 #SBS winners a free stand at the event in September. The previous winners have all reaped huge rewards from the experience whether through new contacts, suppliers, orders, new directions or collaborations and I’m sure this year will be no different. I encourage my #SBS winners to grab this opportunity with both hands and go for it!”
** Please contact the #SBS Crew on firstname.lastname@example.org for an entry form! **
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Autumn Fair/#SBS 2020 Competition Terms and Conditions
- The competition will open on Monday 2nd March 2020 and will close at 11:59pm on 1st May 2020.
- You must be an #SBS winning business to enter and be eligible.
- You must be available for 6th-9th September 2020 to exhibit at the Autumn Fair.
- To enter the competition, entrants must complete the form provided and send to SBS@TPRETAILGROUP.COM by 11.59pm 1st May 2020.
- Only one entry per business is allowed. Multiple entries will be deemed invalid.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- There will be an initial shortlist of 36 businesses, with 12 businesses selected by the Autumn Fair panel to be at the Autumn Fair.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel this competition at any time.
- No cash alternative shall be provided.
- The winning businesses will be alerted by email and must confirm within 48 hours, or may lose its space.
- Your Company / business name, email address and contact number will be shared with Hyve for the sole purpose of them contacting you to arrange details for attending and exhibiting at the Autumn Fair. Your details will not be passed onto any other 3rd party.
- The winning businesses will liaise with Autumn Fair on agreeing a contract (no money will exchange hands).
- It is a legal requirement for each winning business exhibiting to have public liability insurance to the value of £2m (details in Clause 12 of the Hyve contract). To ensure that all participants have the appropriate level of cover, exhibitors are initially invoiced £175 + VAT for a policy with our providers InEvexco. However, as the vast majority of businesses have their own insurance, all they need to do is send their certificate of insurance to InEvexco, and provided that the level of cover meets the requirements, the invoice will be credited immediately so that no payment is required.
- Winners will be included in event marketing and publicity by #SBS Small Business Sunday, Autumn Fair and Hyve
- The #SBS Pavilion is comprised of twelve booths, each 3.5m x 2m, complete with traditional shell scheme walls, carpet, table, seating, shelving, lighting and a 500w power socket. Any additional requirements will be at a cost to the winning business.
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence is not covered in this prize.
- Companies that have already booked space at Autumn Fair 2020 or Spring Fair 2021 will not be eligible to enter the competition to win a free stand at the show.
- The promoter is the #SBS Small Business Sunday and the address is 1 St Georges Road, London, SW19 4DR.