You Recycle a Device, We Plant a Tree!

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email

As a technology recycler we are committed to climate change action and tackling the growing e-waste issue. Did you know, on average only 20% of technology equipment is correctly recycled each year with many devices ending up in landfill both in the UK and across the world. Its quite ovbious that we need to do better.

Every device we recycle in is tested and assessed for refurbishment and reuse, generally around 90% of equipment we take in can be reused, with the other 10% being ethically recycled for parts. But we want to do more, which is why we have partnered with Ecologi, a social enterprise committed to actioning change through impactful climate solutions. Starting December 2021, we will be growing our very own 'Preloved Forest' by planting a tree for every customer device that is recycled through our website.

It’s now common knowledge that one of the best tools to tackle the climate crisis and keep our temperatures from rising above 1.5C is to plant trees and through our partnership, we will be planting trees and growing the ‘Preloved Forest’ driven by our customers recycling activities.

So if you have 10 items to recycle, we will plant 10 trees! By recycling devices with Preloved Tech customers will not only be helping to reduce e-waste but also be joining us on our important climate crisis movement by planting trees and carbon offsetting.

Visit the Preloved Forest here: https://ecologi.com/prelovedtech

More To Explore

SBS News

The Theo Paphitis Art Prize

Theo Paphitis has launched the ‘Theo Paphitis Art Prize’ in conjunction with his business the London Graphic Centre, offering cash prizes to budding artists. Theo