Tell us how #SBS has affected your business
Being a #SBS winner has greately assisted in raising our business profile both locally and nationally in addition it has provided an excellent platform for networking with other small businesses owners.
Chateau de sable is chic French baby and children's wear boutique. Our collections start from newborn and go up to 12 years.
We opened our first Chateau de sable boutique in Chester, Cheshire in December 2009 and our website went live in March 2012.
Our styling can be described quite simply as 'keeping children as children'.
We are just a small team and strive to provide a very personal customer service.
My early learning’s in business are as follows!
- Ask and learn from others - successful entrepreneurs love nothing more than helping those in their early stages!
- Get to know your customers! Ask them their advice and listen to them!
- Never give up - especially with PR it can take years to build relationships with journalists when you do get a good feature it can transform your business overnight.
- Be careful with advertising - approach cautiously and monitor closely! - Otherwise can waist £0,000!
- Build up loyal employees who are as passionate as yourself - they will become priceless so look after them!
- Be prepared to make mistakes but importantly learn from them quickly!