What other job let’s you play with chainsaws whilst creating people’s ideas and bring them to life...
After 9 years of service with the British Army, I decided to take a different career path and trained to become an Arborist, after completing a 2 year HND. On completion of my studies, I was employed by Proarb as a climber/ arborist, which gave me extensive experience and knowledge working with different species of trees and sectors of work (private and large corporation clients). I spent 7 years with this company, after which, I felt it was time to create opportunities myself, hence I started my own company, Ian Murray Chainsaw Sculptures.
As a fully licenced, professional sculptor and arborist, I now provide a service to the general public as well as large corporations. I also showcase my talent at shows and events worldwide by creating fine pieces of art out of re-claimed timber/ standing trees.
The services that I offer are:
• General tree surgery. We will come and give you free advice on works that may be need, any liaison with local authorities etc, free quotations, logging service waste removal.
• Private commissions. Do you have fallen or standing trees that you would like to be carved/ sculpted? Even if you don’t have the timber we are able to supply. Do you have an idea for design, as we can help.
• Corporate clients / Developers. Would you like a focal point for your office or development?
• Schools and local communities. We can create areas for construction play, wild life habitats, story-telling chairs, to enhance and enrich your outdoor spaces to develop a real sense of global responsibility in tomorrow’s adults.
• Available for shows/ exhibitions/ events.
• All species of trees considered to be carved.
We carry full public liability insurance and will travel worldwide to support your requirements with no job or commission too large.
Never give up.....