Winning SBS promoted my design company, The London Studio, to over 235,000 people on Twitter and Theo's backing championed both my company and my reputation as a contemporary and multi award-winning designer, artist and photographer.
The home-ware products, gifts and greeting cards that I design and sell direct to retail through The London Studio or through licensing deals, are now sold in many hundreds of retailers both here in the UK and internationally.
Our customer list is growing daily and includes retailers such as Selfridges, Harrods, Fenwick and Bentalls. I am also creating original artworks for hotels, corporate headquarters and private collectors through bespoke art and photography commissions. The graphic design and marketing side of the business has also increased.
The publicity you get from an SBS award is priceless and I recommend entering Small Business Sunday to anyone with a terrific business that they want to shout about! Best of luck, I hope Theo picks you too, it's an amazing experience! :)
The London Studio is a multi-disciplinary design studio with bases in London and Devon.
Run by multi award-winning designer, Soula Zavacopoulos, The London Studio's projects vary from graphic design, ad campaigns and branding for corporate clients, charities and the public sector; to creating gifts, home-wares and greeting cards that are sold direct to retail.
Their contemporary products have sold in stores including Harrods, Selfridges, Paperchase, Scribbler, Fenwick, Bentalls, Squires Garden Centers and many fantastic independent shops all around the UK and abroad.
Their most popular brand is The Wisdom of Kids, designed by Soula Zavacopoulos. The Wisdom of Kids is a humorous and contemporary range featuring quotes from children about love, life, ageing, the differences of the sexes and more. It’s been incredibly popular across greeting cards and gifts since it launched and has won awards including the Gift of the Year Award.
The London Studio is currently expanding The Wisdom of Kids range through a licensing program into other markets, such as: homeware, apparel, kitchenware, calendars, stationary and more. Find out more and have a chuckle at the wonderfully funny things children say by visiting www.WisdomOfKids.com On the site you can also find out about The Wisdom of Kids' recent collaboration with Ryman and BBC Children in Need.
Below are some recent highlights and awards won by Soula and her company, The London Studio...
• Winner of 'The Smarta 100, together with O2' - the UK's most well-known small business award, hunting out the Top 100 UK businesses (2012)
• Awarded ‘Highly Commended’ in The Gift of the Year Award (2012)
• Winner of The Gift of the Year Award, for Best greeting card range of the year (2011)
• Winner of Card of the Year 2011, for Best Humour Card (2011)
• Selected by Theo Paphitis of Dragon’s Den and Winner of his Small Business Award 2011
• Winner of USP 2011, an award for women in business run by Jacqueline Gold, the second Most Powerful Woman in Retail (voted by Retail Week)
• Greeting cards by The London Studio in display at the Design Museum London (2011)
• The London Studio featured in national press including the Independent on Sunday and the London Evening Standard for their innovative design work and card ranges (2011)
• Winner of Black & White Photographer of the Year Award (2009 & Finalist in 2011)
• Shortlisted in the Great Britons Award - finding the best British talent in Art & Design (2010)
• Winner of The EISA Maestro Photographic Award (2010)
• Shortlisted by the Licensing Committee for the London 2012 Olympic Games (2009 – 2010)
• Awarded ‘Highly Commended’ in the International Garden Photographer of the Year Award (2009)
• The Henries Awards — Finalist in 2 Categories including Most Promising Young Designer
In business, as in life, be fair and treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself.