The moody shade of Grey is the perfect canvas for any room in your home this winter and it just so happens to be one of the favourite trends for 2016. One of our favourite ways of decorating with this colour is by layering greys upon grey. Layering grey textures and patterns creates a modern sophisticated look in your living room, bedroom or study. We have teamed our 'Sion' and 'Helios' Mirrors with this horizontally striped wallpaper, which compliments the smooth lines of the mirrors.
Creating a sophisticated look in your home is so easy with the right furnishings.
Another huge trend at the moment is the industrial “warehouse” look, which we think is a great companion for grey interior design. Teaming these two trends up is a great way to contrast exposed brickwork and pipes with luxurious furnishings. The 'Hades' Mirror and its gun mental grey, snake skin effect frame against painted brickwork and grey and silver furniture and accessories is the perfect example of merging this two trends.
Injecting pops of colour into your room brings energy and grabs attention. Partnering grey up with a bright colour creates a refined homely atmosphere. We love to team our mirrors up with patterned wallpapers. Our 'Zeus' Mirror (below) looks stunning against this grey and orange red backdrop teamed with coordinated cushions and accessories. The 'Buckingham' Mirror also sits perfectly with this grey stitched effect wallpaper and orange and cream furnishings.
Minimalism is such a huge trend in Interior Design and likely will be for many years to come. Our in house team of mirror designers love to work smooth clean lines into our mirrors which makes them the perfect addition for a minimally decorated room that demands a dose of grey this winter.
Accessorising is another great way to pull the grey trend into your home. Grey literally goes with any colour so this really is something that you do without too much effort. You can either be really eclectic or just choose a few key pieces to complement your existing room décor. We have put a few collections together from the Mirror Mania range to help inspire you and inject some elegance and style into your home.
1. Bull Aluminium Wall Hanging – Find out more here.
2. 'Vogue' Original Handcrafted Coloured Glass Range of Mirrors in Smokey Grey – Find out more here.
3. Extra Large Narrow Aluminium Candelabra – Find out more here.
4. Skeleton Silver Metal Wall Clock – Find out more here.
5. 'Steffan' Venetian Mirror 3 Drawer Side Table – Find out more here.
6. 'Margot' Antiqued Silver Leaf Dressing Table Stool – Find out more here.
7. 'Steffan' Venetian Mirror Dressing Table – Find out more here.
1. 'Zeus' Handmade Modern Bevelled Tray Mirror with Grey Tinted Mirrored Border – Find out more here.
2. Original Art 'Ice Moon' by our head mirror artist, Phillip Orr – Find out more here.
3. Polished Aluminium Pair Of Globe Bookends – Find out more here.
4. Gothic Large Silver French Style Wall Clock – Find out more here.
5. 'Monty' Tripod Spot Light Floor Lamp – Find out more here.
6. Aluminium Sailing Boat On Stand – Find out more here.
7. Martina Mirrored Console Table – Find out more here.